Your toothbrush plays a key role in your oral health. If you do not take care of your toothbrush, your teeth will not receive the proper care they need. Thankfully, caring for your toothbrush is easy. Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
– Swap out your old toothbrush for a new one out every 3 – 4 months.
– Choose a brush with soft bristles; harder bristles are much more likely to scratch your tooth enamel.
– To prevent contamination and festering bacteria, store your toothbrush upright in an open location away from other toothbrushes—like a cup or a toothbrush holder by itself. Never share your toothbrush with others.
– If a regular toothbrush is not doing the job efficiently, try using an electric toothbrush.
– Always use a brush that can effortlessly fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– Store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If it must be stored in a sealed container on long vacations, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can multiply in damp areas.
For more tooth brushing help from our team at Open Door Family Dentistry, visit us. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Don Schiess, please schedule an appointment to at our dentist office in Medford, Oregon. We can be reached at 541-773-4073. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!